This Project Quality Assurance Plan is based on the corporate Quality Management
Manual requirements, applicable codes & standards and contract requirements.
To the goal, we have to recognize that quality is the responsibility of Maqbool
Associates Pvt. Limited and have to do our best to keep excellence in technical
competence and the quality superiority. Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited personnel
assigned to a project understands this Quality Policy and comply with the
requirements of this Project Quality Assurance Plan to produce the best quality of
construction work to ensure that the Employer’s expectations and requirements are
recognized and satisfied.
For effective management of the Project Quality Management System, the authority
and responsibility to implement and manage the system is delegated to the Project
Quality Assurance Manager including the authority to shop working and corrective
action request to the work which does not conform the specified requirements.
Any problems or discrepancies on quality matters within the project organization shall
be reported to the Project Director who has the responsibilities for final decision.
We, all the project participants, shall commit ourselves to be well aware of the Quality
Policy and Objectives and provide the best quality to the Employer.
PROJECT QUALITY POLICY
Head of group of a Project shall establish Project Quality Policy considering
- It shall be appropriate to the purpose of the project.
- The commitment to comply with the requirements, execute and improve the
effectiveness of Quality System.
- Establishment and review of Quality objectives.
- Communication within Organizations.
- Continuous suitability review.
QUALITY SYSTEM PLANNING
The project quality system consists of the following three levels.
The first level consist of the quality management planning, which includes this Quality
Assurance Plan, the project execution plan, site construction quality control plan, and
project procedures for Home Office and Site which will be used by the project team.
The second level consists of the quality control checks and review, such as
commissioning procedures and discipline activity plans, work instructions and
checklists that will be used by the project team.
The third level consists of the inspections, including witnessing of inspections, test
and other activities, quality audits and surveillance reviews by quality personnel.
Project manager shall ensure that the first-level documents are distributed to the
appropriate personnel as soon as they are approved for issue, and that all updates or
revisions are similarly distributed during the project life.
The second-level and third documents are prepared by the appropriate discipline and
quality personnel and, after being verified and approved by the discipline and project
management, are distributed as required.
MaqboolAssociates Pvt. Limited and its sub-Contractors will acknowledge company's strong commitment to HSE
& CR and affirm that they follow written health, safety and environmental policies.
MAL health, safety and environmental & Quality policies shall include a description of
organization, procedures, responsibilities and methods of communication to and from
Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited shall outline its scheme for the dissemination of its operational health, safety,environmental, quality and Community Relation (HSEQ & CR) policies to employee atall levels. This shall include general training other than specifically job-related (e.g. infirefighting, hygiene etc.), display of posters and incentive schemes after accident freeperiods where appropriate.
The Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited is responsible, through his organization, to applying the HSEQ Measuresrequired carrying out the work assigned to him by the Client so as to prevent accident/ incidents or events which jeopardize the HSEQ or personnel and of the installation.
The Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited is completely aware and responsible for the correct selection of personnelto be assigned to the jobs.The Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited shall possess all the equipment needed to carry out the work (appropriate
for the work environment) as well as all the clothing, safety devices and personnel
and collective protection devices required.
The Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited shall plan all actions, controls and inspections aimed at ensuring that HSEQrequirements are observed, applying the measured defined in his own HSEQ Manual.
The Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited shall provide qualified Doctor, medic and HSEQ Advisors appropriate at
the each site.
During the bidding stages the Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited shall present a complete and detailedorganization chart in the form of a block diagram, which will indicate all the positionsand functions including any external organization (Sub vender / sub-contractors)involved in carrying out the various activities covered by the Contract. It should alsoinclude the connections existing between the contractor's site organization and theMaqbool Associates Pvt. Limited head office.Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited will also submit CV's & job description of its personnel responsible for handling
HSEQ matters i.e. project manager, HSEQ Advisors, and Doctor.
Once the Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited has been assigned, they shall provide the Client the actual projectorganization chart, specifying also the names and relevant professional profiles of thekey positions.MaqboolAssociates Pvt. Limited shall establish and document, during the bidding stages, how theresponsibilities, competencies and authority levels are allocated to the various units
or departments while the project work is being carries out.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR HSEQ COMPLIANCE
Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited and its sub-Contractors will affirm that all supervisors are responsible for
ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with all applicable health, safety
and environmental rules, regulations and god working practices, with equal diligence
being paid to the fulfillment of the contractual technical specifications.
Maqbool Associates Pvt. Limited shall provide crew Organization Chart, specifying the areas of HSEQresponsibility of each supervisor.
Employees shall be provided safety and health instruction and continue safety and
health training to enable them to perform their work in a safe manner. Safety and
health program shall include but not be limited to:
- Requirements and responsibilities for accident prevention and maintaining
safeand healthful work environments.
- Employee and supervisor responsibilities for reporting all accidents.
- Provisions for medical facilities and emergency response and procedures for
obtaining medical treatment or emergency assistance.
- Procedures for reporting and correcting unsafe conditions or practices and
job hazards and the means to control/eliminate those hazards.
In a construction project, HSE’s major concerns are on the following;
- Prior to opening an excavation, underground installations (e.g., sewer,
telephone, water, fuel, electric lines) shall be located and protected from
damage or displacement: utility companies and other responsible authorities
shall be contacted to locate and mark the locations and, if they so desire,
direct or assist with protecting the underground installations.
- When persons will be in or around an excavation, the excavation, the adjacent
areas, and protective systems shall be inspected daily, as needed throughout
the work shifts and after every rainstorm or other hazard-increasing
occurrence by a competent person.
- The sides of all excavations in which employees are exposed to danger from
moving ground shall be guarded by a support system, sloping or benching of
the ground, or other equivalent means.
- Diversion ditches, dikes, or other means shall be used to prevent surface
water entering an excavation and to provide good drainage of the area
adjacent to the excavation.
- Employees shall not work in excavations in which there is accumulated water
or in which water is accumulating unless the water hazards posed byaccumulation is controlled.
- Safe access shall be provided to all work areas.
- Means of access constructed of metal shall not be used for electrical work or
where they might contact electrical conductors.
- When a structure has two or more means of access between levels, at least
one means of access shall always be available for free passage ofemployees.
- Supporting members shall be placed on a firm, smooth foundation that will
prevent lateral displacement.
Unstable objects such as barrels, boxes, loose bricks, or concrete blocks shall
not be used as supports.
- Scaffolds and their components shall be capable of supporting without failure
at least 4 times the maximum anticipated load.
- Scaffolds shall be plumb and level.
- Scaffolds (other than suspended scaffolds) shall bear on base plates upon
sills or other adequate foundation.
- Before work is begun, the person in charge shall ascertain by inquiry, by
direct observation, or by instruments, whether any part of an electric power
circuit - exposed or concealed – is located such that the performance of work
could bring any person, tool, or machine into physical or electrical contact with
- Whenever possible, all equipment and circuits to be worked on shall be DE energized
before work is started and personnel protected by clearanceprocedures and rounding.
- Live parts of wiring or equipment shall be guarded to protect all persons or
objects from harm.
- High voltage equipment shall be protected from unauthorized access;entrances not under constant observation shall be kept locked; metallicenclosures shall be grounded; and signs warning of high voltage andprohibiting unauthorized entrance shall be posted at entrances.
- A survey of the suitability and effectiveness of fire prevention and protection
measures and facilities at project shall be made by a qualified person.
- Fires and open flame devices shall not be left unattended.
- All sources of ignition shall be conspicuously and legibly posted “NO
SMOKING OR OPEN FLAME”
- Smoking shall be prohibited in all areas where flammable, combustible, oroxidizing materials are stored: “NO SMOKING OR OPEN FLAME” signs willbe posted in all prohibited areas.
- Employees shall be trained in and shall use safe lifting techniques.
- Materials will not be moved over or suspended above personnel unlesspositive precautions have been taken to protect the personnel from fallingobjects.
- Where the movement of materials may be hazardous to persons, taglines orother devices shall be used to control the loads being handled by hoistingequipment: these devices shall be nonconductive when used near energizedlines.
- Waste materials and rubbish shall not be thrown down from a certain height.
- Signs warning of the hazard of falling material shall be posted at all debrislanding areas and at each level exposed to falling debris.
- Separate covered, nonflammable containers shall be provided for thecollection of disposal material.
- Receptacles used for dangerous waste material shall be so constructed toprevent leakage and to allow thorough cleaning and sanitary maintenance;these containers shall be equipped with a solid tight-fitting cover, unless it canbe maintained in sanitary condition without a cover.
- Toilet facilities shall be so constructed that the occupants shall be protectedagainst weather and falling objects; all cracks shall be sealed and the doorshall be tight-fitting, self-closing, and capable of being latched.
- Adequate ventilation shall be provided and all windows and vents screened;seat boxes shall be vented to the outside.
- Toilet facilities shall be constructed so that the interior is lighted.